No announcement yet.

1.17f strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play more, then decide. Emperor games are pretty much all winnable, unless the start is _that_ atrocious. In deity games any disadvantage is multiplied many times.

Comment

Re: Bug in the group goto command ('j')?

Originally posted by Dominae
      Hi all,

I just applied the 1.17f patch and loaded up a version 1.16 game. Just to check if everything was updated, I tried the new goto command on a stack of Cavalary units I had fortified in a city. To my surprise, three cavalry in one of my armies also garrisoned in that city left the army and followed the goto ('j')command, leaving me with an empty army! Is this normal? I was under the impression that you couldn't take a unit out of an army once it had been assigned to it...
      Dominae,
      This 'bug' has been talked about before in the forums. To 'j' a unit type that is within an Army on that tile is the only way to extract units from an Army, and was most probably NOT intended by Firaxis.

Personally, I have not yet had the opportunity to use it myself.

Comment

Ok, thanks Jaybe. I don't read all the forums, just the ones that interest me, so I wasn't aware this little bug was well-known. Personally I've put it too good use to modernize my armies throughout the ages! Call it 'army upgrading'. Anyway, I don't think it's big enough of an exploit to fuss about, so I'll just stop now.

Dominae
        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Working...
        X