Corruption due to number of cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corruption due to number of cities

Does anyone have any evidence that this makes a difference? I am at present playing a game on a small world. I built/conquered just over 20 cities then thought to myself that this probably exceeds the number of cities you can have at this size without generating additional corruption. However, during a few controlled experiments I couldn't find any evidence of any difference in corruption/waste with 8 cities as compared to the full 20. What's going on here?

Are you sure you play the standard rules and nothing has changed the corruption settings in your civ3mod.bic?

You can check for exclusively the "corruption by # of cities" by checking your capital itself. It's the only possible corruption/waste type there.

Comment

Re: Corruption due to number of cities

Originally posted by DrSpike
      Does anyone have any evidence that this makes a difference?
      I believe that Soren or others involved in the game's creation have said so, and that it's in either the manual or the strategy guide. There is a tab in the rules editor where you can set the optimal number of cities by map size. It is this number that is used to determine corruption caused by too many cities.

Comment

It's an old tourney game, AFAIK the corruption settings haven't been altered. I did a bit (ok a lot, this is driving me crazy )more testing after your post though, and my capital always had 1 shield and commerce wasted after it reached a good size, no matter what the number of cities, so you can't use the method you suggest very easily. The result of all the extra testing was that I still can't find any effect on waste or commerce of number of cities. If people can look at any old saves games where they have the number of cities relevant to the supposed corruption threshold for the map that would be useful.

Comment

Working...
        X