cultural takeover - what happens to my units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purest Warrior

This should be fixed with the new patch (due for release today), where you can garrison a city, with at least as many troops as citizens, and totally prevent cultural conversion.
    I'm afraid the patch doesn't fix it. I had 10 archers in a size one city on deity level, and it flipped back to the zulus (they only had three cities at the time vs. my 12 too)

Comment

Originally posted by DrFell

I'm afraid the patch doesn't fix it. I had 10 archers in a size one city on deity level, and it flipped back to the zulus (they only had three cities at the time vs. my 12 too)
      Checked the readme again and it says that it is now possible to completely suppress a city's cultural reversion with enough military units.

So it's not necessariliy on one-to-one basis...ahem, like someone said. Sorry, for the misinformation.

Comment

Checked the readme again and it says that it is now possible to completely suppress a city's cultural reversion with enough military units.

So it's not necessariliy on one-to-one basis...ahem, like someone said. Sorry, for the misinformation.
        When Soren was asked how many units were required, he indicated that it's around 2 units per 1 population.

Comment

Who is Soren?

Comment

So, is it reasonable to think that a garrison can now somewhat substitute for culture-builds? (in the 1.17f build)

I'm just thinking that it can prevent reversion both ways, so one of your cities near enemy borders can benefit culturally from a larger garrison, not by adding culture but negating enemy culture.

If this is the case, it could help game-balance. I've lost cities to culture when I focus on military and lost cities to military when I culture-rush improvements. This way, you can maybe balance both better.

Comment

Who is Soren?
              That'd be Soren Johnsen of Firaxis, the head AI programmer on Civ3. He's the man to ask about all these AI questions!
              If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Working...
              X