Patch or No Patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch or No Patch?

I've seen a lot of commentary on the perceived weaknesses of both the original release and the patched version ...

Is there a consensus on the merits of the patch fron a STRATEGY perspective? (i.e. IFE taken away, reportedly more GLs, etc ...)

If you were telling a friend to get the game, would you say "Get the Patch" or no?

Ben

Absolutely. In addition to no IFE and(seemingly, for me) more great leaders, air superiority now works for the human. The police station now doubles as corruption reducer too(although it still requires management, as those come fairly late). There is a comprehensive readme around somewhere that lists all the changes, probably comes with the patch, but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere. Hmm, they gave you a few more options like making cities keep building the last unit they built which is really handy(a global setting, but can be over-ridden for individual cities by selecting 'manage production' or queueing up what you want.

Comment

You can read it at http:///www.civ3.com/ the main web site for the game, somewhere there.

I have changed the game with the editor for the game with the civ3mod.bic file, and I like the game, except that when I save the game, one of my iron resouces dissappeared from the map when loading up the game, so to me, it still is not quite right.
      Later the iron came back on the next square (diagonal) to where it was first. Of course, I changed the resources again to make all of it appear more for each civilization, and still have to start a new game.
      I added Fundamentalism Gov't and if I can find the text file, even add it to the Civilopedia, I think.
      I added to come in on Feudalism, and it has more police units and more supported units, much like Depostism and Communisum, sort of.
      Still playing around with the editor and the rules of the game.

One of the first rules of the Civilization game, program it yourself, no one knows what you want in the game.
      Second, it takes money to change everything in the game to suit you, so here, take the editor and change it around.
      You must have more time than me!

Funny, Sid, but yes, I will change it, Thanks!

And yes, I will put effort into playing this game!

Thanks Sid!

Pirates, RR Tycoon, and others combined.
      FUN!

FUN!

FUN!

And check your OS from Microsoft, it may need another update. Still again!

Comment

OH, I am playing with the patch, but I think it still needs a little more work, and something about being really patched later for Windows XP, or something like that.

OS are really not all that compatible, but Microsoft will keep selling you that also!

Up to a point they are, and some parts are not!

I know that for sure!

Comment

Working...
        X