precision bombing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• precision bombing

Does the precision bombing not work under XP?
    However, I am not able to do it, not w the F-15s at least, havent checked the Stealths yet.

I run Civ3 on WinXP and it works fine. I guess that depends on what you mean by "works". Do you mean that the button to do a precision bombing run is not there or that you get some type of error when you attempt bombing? Were you able to bomb with earlier fighter planes?

Comment

Have you researched 'Smart Weapons' yet? Stealth planes and F-15s are just slightly improved bombers and fighters until you have this tech.
      There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

In my current game (just for an example) I have every tech up to future 19. The only reason I am still playing is to perfect my America. I (obviously) have smart weapons, yet the precision bombing command does not work right. I say right because it does work, but only if you press and hold P while launching your strike.

Furthermore, it sometimes works "too much." At one point I attacked an offending city with eight Stealth Bombers. The city lost its temple, harbour, barracks, courthouse, cathedral, university, and library, and three population points. It doesn't take long to spot the problem. That's eleven hits with eight bombers. Is it (supposed to be) possible to destroy more then one thing at a time?

Steele
        If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

With all those buildings going down, wouldn't you expect some population loss?

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
            Furthermore, it sometimes works "too much." At one point I attacked an offending city with eight Stealth Bombers. The city lost its temple, harbour, barracks, courthouse, cathedral, university, and library, and three population points. It doesn't take long to spot the problem. That's eleven hits with eight bombers. Is it (supposed to be) possible to destroy more then one thing at a time?

Steele
            Doesn't that have to do with the firing rate of Bombers? They have a firing rate of 3.
            -belchingjester

Comment

Roger that. You got 11 out of 24 possible hits, vice 11 out of 8.
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Re: precision bombing

Originally posted by backfire
                Does the precision bombing not work under XP?
                It also works fine for me in WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                X