Slowing down Technology......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowing down Technology......

Hi, I like games that take a looonng time, by that i mean remain in the 'olden' ages for a long time, so without too much speed of technology.
    Can anybody give me hints on how to slow to technological growth down effectively for all civs...

I currently play about the with the Tech Rate figure on maps making the number higher, but thats the only thing i've done so far...
    Any other ideas?
    Up The Millers

Without dickering with the editor settings, slowest research speeds can be had by using huge maps with the archipelago option, playing with only 4 civs, and playing at Chieftan level. Then set your own research rate to zero and 2050 should arrive before the end of the tech tree.

Comment

Or go into the editor and raise the max research turns to be equal to the min research turns (set each to, say, 30 turns?).

Comment

Build the Great Library, don't research, don't trade. Choose non scientific civs as your rivals. Provoke wars.
        Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Re: Slowing down Technology......

Originally posted by Rothy
          Hi, I like games that take a looonng time, by that i mean remain in the 'olden' ages for a long time, so without too much speed of technology.
          Can anybody give me hints on how to slow to technological growth down effectively for all civs...

I currently play about the with the Tech Rate figure on maps making the number higher, but thats the only thing i've done so far...
          Any other ideas?
          Gramphos is looking into being able to edit the years per turn, though he's not sure yet whether he'll be able to. His latest version of CopyTools no allows you to edit the starting/ending dates in a save game, though not in the Bic file itself. You should drop into his thread from time to time to see how's he's making out. I'd like to be able to slow things down a bit myself as well, I think the ancient period goes by to fast.

Comment

Working...
          X