Naval Trade Route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval Trade Route

I was playing the Egyptians, stuck on a small island. Got Mapmaking, built galleys and a harbour. When I tried to contact my neighbors (the Persians who were also stuck on an island), my trade advisor tells me that I have no naval trade route. I wanted to trade wine for dyes and we both had extras.

Is this because the Persians hadn't built a harbor? What does it take to build a trade route?

On a side note, what do you guys do when you get stuck on a small island: play it out or restart?

Until you discover navigation, sea trade can only occur if you are connected by coastal squares. So discover navigation.

(also, your trading partner and you must both have harbors)

Comment

so you have to wait for him to make a harbor.
      When starting a game, i build my city, and retire to see the layout of the complete map. if the is not a decent amount of light green area, grassland around or i am on an island alone, i will make a new game, otherwise i load 4000BC and play it

Comment

Poor starting positions

Sometimes it is fun to play from a disadvantaged start, which is why I usually try Deity. If I get stuck on a small island, I might try an OCC game. Often I start games wanting to try a specific strategy though, then I just restart until I get the necessary starting position.

Comment

Working...
        X