Harbors unavailable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbors unavailable

I apologize in advance if this has been brought up and answered or if the answer is right in front of my nose - best place to hide things.

Okay, I have gotten everything necessary to build harbors and have built them in a number of coastal cities on the continent I am on. Unfortunately, I am the only one on that continent, it isn't large and I am out of resources (meaning gold) and want to trade with other civs.

So, I move to the other continent and establish a city there. I am building away and notice that I don't have access to a harbor. . .why? I am right near the coast (closer than at least one of my present harbors) and have roads all around. . .

What am I missing?
    I wax poetic as you're waxing your legs. . .

Sounds to me like you have the city on the other continent tucked behind one of those little one-square lakes that look like bays. If the 'coast' square gives two food, it's not really 'coast'.

Comment

Thanks

That got it. It turns out that the "coast" cells I was looking at come up as "plains". . .which I don't quite understand since they have water in them and I don't seem to be allowed to build or forest or irrigate there. . .

I apreciate it.
      I wax poetic as you're waxing your legs. . .

Comment

Working...
      X