Am I a loser or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I a loser or what?

Last night I was contemplating a large war with Russia. It was archipeligo, and we each a largish continent.

I drew a little sketch of the situation on my notepad and bagan to plan amphibious assault of cities, resource denial, and extensive bombing from carriers. I planned the number and type of units for each attack force. All this on my notepad. How gay is that?

That aint gay. If computer gaming is your hobby and you really enjoy playing games, what the heck.

Actually, a game like this probably requires that type of planning.

I wonder how many players launched an assault in the game and thought to themselves later "Damn, if only I thought about it more, I could have won this damn battle".
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

It seems ok and possibly fun to me. I once made a plan for Ascendancy that took me five hours to map all of the routes to gather my fleet. I found it to be fun. I have no done it for Civ though.

Comment

I'm poking fun at myself. It was the most fun I've had in with Civ3 so far.

Comment

Over in the SMACX forums, I do this in multi-player all the time.
          I actually keep notepad documents on my strategy, with entries every year.
          REALLY improves my game play.
          Indra

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
            It seems ok and possibly fun to me. I once made a plan for Ascendancy that took me five hours to map all of the routes to gather my fleet. I found it to be fun. I have no done it for Civ though.
            Wow... someone mentions Ascendancy... long lost in the mists of time.

In Civ3 I usually rely on superior numbers and combined arms. Raze the enemy towns and move on...

Comment

Working...
            X