Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone use espionage with great success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying the enemy

In Civ2, I used to buy entire empires (with the exception of the capital). The diplomat was the most feared unit in the game.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Enemy Tactics

I actually had the opposite problem - every tech I researched the Japanese stole immediately (i.e. they had it the same turn when I tried to sell it to them immediately. Exception: When I built the TOE, which only gave me 2 advances for some reason, they only got 1 of them.)
      Anyway - I knew they a spy because of this but I had absolutely no success in unmasking their spy ; in testing the limits of this, I ran through 6k in gold with no luck despite trying the various low-high chances.

I eventually had to take out the city where they had their Intelligence Agency. That stopped them (I think - or the war drained their coffers to the point where they couldn't do it any more.)

Comment

Working...
      X