Late Golden Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Golden Age

I played a game as babylon recently where I delibrately didn't use bowman at all. I ended up in a wonder induced golden age in the late industrial age.

All I can say is WOW. A late industrial golden age is an insane cash generating machine, not to mention the produciton bonus is nice.

I'm actually wondering if this could be a viable long term strategy e.g. delibrately stalling your golden age until a choice moment.

Has anyone else played around with late golden ages? If so do you have any insight to offer? I think I'm going to try it again tonight in another game and see how it goes.

Use them, love them. An early golden age can be great, as the bonus turns into massive growth. But an early GA can also be a waste if you lose half your bonus to despotism penalties. You'll always get the full benefit of your GA if it's post despotism.

Comment

try to wait at least until republic or democracy.

I loved the aztecs, as I love most native american cultures. but their early UU is a detriment because it gives you early golden age if you wage war in despotism.

So now I love the Japanese. Same features, but no early UU. Although I was worried I wouldn't get a golden age. I think I finally got it after I completed Sun Tzu war academy

Comment

I'm in a Golden Age in my current game with the French. I've only been in 2 wars this game, the first to get saltpeter (so no musketeers obviously) and the second when a Persian attack on the Egyptians activated a three-way Mutual Defence Pact.

My musketeers lost every one of their battles in that war, and riflemen were around by then anyway. I kept my remaining musketeers in my capital just in case, there were three of them, I thought that was rather ironic.

Finally I got a Golden Age through building Hoover Dam and I have to say it is absolutely amazing! I'm 2 techs away from the Modern Age (4turns each of course) when everyone else is still researching combustion and atomic theory. I should reach it about the same time as I exit my Golden Age.

And since I've not been a waring Civ I should have a good chance at winning with UN, or else I'll play it safe and launch a spaceship.

Comment

Working...
        X