Selling Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Cities

There's probably been a thread on this already, so forgive the repetition.

When you sell a city, I know the units you leave in there get teleported back to your capital. That is, they don't go to the recipient as is the case for a city that voluntarily defects to the other side.

What happens to the buildings in the city sold? Do they stay intact or is it as though a military conflict happened and buildings are demolished in the process?

I wanted to screw around with the military regional balance of the map. So I built cities on small unsettled areas between others' borders. I had no intention of keeping or developing these little towns myself, I only wanted to give the cities as gifts to other nations. I thought this would increase the possibility of war by having as many of the other powers in close proximity to each other.

To give these new towns a cultural boost, I thought to build at least a temple there so that the borders would expand to fill the gaps. I can't trust the new owner to build one on his own and I just need to know whether the temple I leave behind will remain standing after the city transfers.

I suppose I could save the game and spy for the info, but if anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate them.

As far as I know culture producing city improvements and small wonders vanish when a city changes ownership.

Comment

I always sell any improvements should there be any in the city when I go to sell it... why not?

Comment

Erm, any cultural improvements you built will promptly be lost when the city changes hands.

Comment

Establish an embassy and then use espionage to investigate the city after you give it away. Then you'll know for sure and can tell us.

Comment

Working...
          X