Scouts and the Goodie Huts. HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scouts and the Goodie Huts. HELP!!

On Civ II, one of the things that I loved was the ability to use the Village Goodie Huts to get a good start in the game, even when playing in the Emperor Level. There were so many choices as long as you saved the game prior to moving into the Village. Now, I can't do that unless I wait around and try again on the next move, and pray, of course.

So here's the Big Question. Has anyone found a way to take advantage of the goodie huts and be able to eventually get what you want? Also, I have yet to see a village that wants to join me, or a roaming worker that can move around and then start a town somewhere else. In fact, I haven't seen a friendly warrior who has two turns. I really hate this, because I used to use a chairoteer or horseman to act as an explorer.

If anyone has the skinny, please let us know.

I have been playing 15 hrs a day and only once got a settler from a hut. I sem to get warriors more often when I am a milatary civ. I do not think you can get anything but war/tech/set/cash/barbs.

Comment

I usually speed through the ancient era by 500 BC just by getting tech from goodie huts, sometimes I get a warrior or settler though.
      Alex

Comment

Re: Scouts and the Goodie Huts. HELP!!

Originally posted by John L K
        There were so many choices as long as you saved the game prior to moving into the Village.
        That's cheating!

Comment

Perhaps you should try that 9999999 gold /turn bug. It's much easier to cheat with that way.

Comment

Goodie Huts

The only problem is that saving the game right before entering the Goodie Village doesn't seem to solve the problem. The programers have put a wrinkle into this. Once you move into the goodie village, that outcome is unchanging for the rest of that move. No matter how many times you go back, the outcome is the same. The only saving grace is to go back, end the turn and then enter the village on the next turn or the next depending on what your patience is willing to bear.

But also, the rewards appear to be very limited. If someone has found a way to get the entire list, as the strategy guide states, then it would be wonderful if he or she let us know. I'm eagerly awaiting!

Most of you may think that this is not important, but if you play an esxpansionist game and are at no less than the Emperor Level, you will need all the help you can get, and right from the get go!

Comment

I think plenty of people have managed to play without saving/reloading for better goodie huts.

From my own experience, I've only gotten settlers when I am using an expansionist civ. Otherwise, it's mostly money/techs/barbs/warriors/local maps. I think that's all you get, and the occasional empty hut.

You won't get 20 free cities from goodie huts anymore like you do in Civ2.

Comment

Perhaps you should try that 9999999 gold /turn bug.
                Me, I just go into the editor and give my Jag Warriors a 100.100.100 rating. Then they really kick arse.

e

Comment

Re: Goodie Huts

Originally posted by John L K
                  The only problem is that saving the game right before entering the Goodie Village doesn't seem to solve the problem. The programers have put a wrinkle into this. Once you move into the goodie village, that outcome is unchanging for the rest of that move. No matter how many times you go back, the outcome is the same. The only saving grace is to go back, end the turn and then enter the village on the next turn or the next depending on what your patience is willing to bear.

But also, the rewards appear to be very limited. If someone has found a way to get the entire list, as the strategy guide states, then it would be wonderful if he or she let us know. I'm eagerly awaiting!

Most of you may think that this is not important, but if you play an esxpansionist game and are at no less than the Emperor Level, you will need all the help you can get, and right from the get go!
                  OH no your stupid ****ing cheats dont work no more. lets cry because we cant take advantage of the AI and do stupid things that were mistakes on the civ2 programmers parts....
                  And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Working...
                  X