Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destabilize the AI with a pretender to the throne!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destabilize the AI with a pretender to the throne!

A lot of AI civs (especially the quickly developing ones) will skip Monarchy and go straight for Republic. You can use this to your advantage if you're careful.

First, make a rush for Monarchy, just so you have it as a trading chip (switch if you like, it's up to you). Then, watch the AI development until they have Code of Laws and Philosophy. Let maybe 10 more turns go by and then trade/sell them Monarchy. They will switch to their new "better" government, experiencing 5 turns of anarchy and wasted production in the process. A few turns later they will get Republic and switch again, causing 5 more turns of anarchy.

Essentially you can screw them out of 5 turns and pocket a little cash simply by selling them Monarchy just before they get Republic.
    I'm not giving in to security, under pressure
    I'm not missing out on the promise of adventure
    I'm not giving up on implausible dreams
    Experience to extremes" -RUSH 'The Enemy Within'

I like how you think, you evil little man.
    Fitz. (n.) Old English
    1. Child born out of wedlock.
    2. Bastard.

Comment

Oh, I like trading them demo and then attacking when they are in anarchy. Get a ROP, hop on and disconnect their resources and take out their best cities and the war is over. Its more like rape than war.

I know thats lame. Sorry.

Comment

That is totally nasty!

I wholeheartedly approve!

My only problem with that strategy is that I have no interest in Monarchy. (Well, that and the fact that I didn't think of it!)

Brilliant thought.
        Cool sigs are for others. I'm just a llama.

Comment

Non Religous Civs

This will only work Effectivly on Non-Religous Civs.
          Come and see me at WePlayCiv
          Worship the Comic here!
          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

yeah don't try that on the aztecs.

another thing is I think the ai has less anarchy on the high levels like diety.

Not sure though. When I was reading the fixes on the patch fix update in civ3-general, they mentioned something about adjusting the time ai spends in anarchy in the editor.

Comment

Excellent, a group of evil people! I like it.

On a related topic: Propaganda. Useless if the opposite civ is in Democracy... but if they get Communism, and are engaged in a war, a revolution is needed to change the Govnt.

For a few turns, they're in Anarachy (check with Military adv) and you can try and buy a city or two. And as they're in Anarchy, it's more likely to work....

Comment

Working...
              X