Random Tech Advance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Tech Advance

In my current game, as the Egyptians, I have been given 2 free advances. A pop-up window, says "Our wisemen have discovered X. It is not the current tech I am researching. I didn't get the Theory of Evolution. Why does this happens and how can I make it happen some more. I am playing on Regent Level.

Todd

You must have the Great Library then.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Badtz Maru
      You must have the Great Library then.
      Yes, I am an idiot. I do have the Great Library. I thought in Civ2 it was more obvious that is why I got the advance. Oh well, thanks for the help.

Todd

Comment

Sometimes it says you got it from the Library, and sometimes it doesn't. Not very consistent.

Comment

gpf

actually... i just had that happen to me today.

i had about 7 turns left on horseback riding, and then, bam, i got a notice that the wise men had discovered it.

i was playing the persians, but i wasn't entering a new age (i still had several techs to go) and i didn't have the great library either.

can anyone explain?

gpf,
          --

Comment

Re: gpf

Originally posted by gpf
            actually... i just had that happen to me today.

i had about 7 turns left on horseback riding, and then, bam, i got a notice that the wise men had discovered it.

i was playing the persians, but i wasn't entering a new age (i still had several techs to go) and i didn't have the great library either.

can anyone explain?

gpf,
            --
            The number of beakers required for an advance depends on multiple modifiers; one is the complexity of the advance, one is the size of the map and another one is the number of civs that already have the advance.

In the case with n civs where m of them have horseback riding the number of beakers required for horseback riding will be reduced from x to x*[(n-m)/n].
            When AI discovers horseback riding and trades it with other AI's, number of beakers required for horseback riding will decrease dramaticly; thus the beakers you already accumulated will be sufficent for the discovery.

Comment

Working...
            X