Mutual Protection Pacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutual Protection Pacts

In my other post, I brought up some questions, but here I wanted to explain in depth a situation that occurred in one of my games, because I need to understand what the AI is smoking.

I saved my game and tried an experiment. Here's a quick rundown of the situation. My civilization is England, and I share the larger of two continents with the Russians, Germans, and French. All of France's three cities are to my south. Russia has six cities, all to my west. Most of Germany is to my north, but there is an enclave to my east of three cities which they took from the Russians. The other major continent is dominated by the Japanese who have a small tech lead and a big production lead over me. That continent has three of China's four cities, and Japan has one tiny city on my continent.

I have mutual protection pacts with France, China and Russia and Japan. Germany has mutual protection pacts with Russia and Japan, and there is also one between France and Japan.

I bombard units inside Germany from within my own borders then walk into their nation and destroy a unit, causing war with Germany. I expect Russia and Japan to declare war on me, but they don't. Germany's turn comes, and they counterattack, entering my territory. France does nothing, but Russia and Japan declare war on Germany. I see Russian units marching through my territory, ignoring my tasty workers, and attacking Germany.

What I want to know is: What gives? I thought MPP's were triggered by aggression, but I aggressed, they were not triggered. They were only triggered when Germany counterattacked. What happened?

The MPP with germany hadn't expired yet, had they? That is very odd.
    Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

do any of those MPP's overlap between nations......if they do maybe whomever signs first ends up being the true treaty....

so if there is overlap the first treaty is the one that counts between countries..

i only sign these things if a war is going to break out and i don't want to be the focus of ai aggression
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by quinalla
        The MPP with germany hadn't expired yet, had they? That is very odd.
        None had expired. In fact, I had just renewed two of them.

Comment

I have a similar situation in my current game. It seems like every civ is somehow mutually protected by every other. But no one has yet to fire the first shot. So I'll let you know.

Comment

You can use the way this works to your advantage. Check out the post I made about this:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X