No announcement yet.

really funny really great really really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a bug, it's a cheat code. Try this: demolish about half an AI civ in a war. Open up the diplo window and demand all their cities. They tell you to bleep off. Now ask for all their cities, AND 99999999/turn. They accept and are grateful for you sparing their puny lives. If it was simply a large number problem, why would it affect ANY OTHER OFFER you make? The computer will accept anything as long as you're also extorting them for 99999999/turn.

Comment

Ok, people, here's the real deal. Someone has already mentioned it, but , being a programmer myself, i want to expand on it. The 999999999 error is due to the fact that this number is too large of an integer, causing an overflow error. Now, being a well-made program (to a certain extent, that is), there is error handling, of course. Without it the game would crash. Since CIV3 does seem to have a decent error handling method, it simply goes to a choice, rejection of offer or acceptance. Clearly, the default is acceptance.
      Overall this but can be easily fixed by placing a limit on the amount offered or simply not allowing the user to type in more than the specified amount of digits (this amount depends on which data type the game uses to represent currency)

Comment

So, um, what was that number again? Some say it's 9999999 (almost 10 million), some 99999999 (almost 100 million) and some again 999999999 (one billion)?

Not that I would USE this or anything. Oh, of course it's a bug and that would be so wrong to use, and how can people be that dastardly to the poor, sweet, easygoing AI that never quarrels or haggles or VIOLATES YOUR BORDERS I MEAN WTF IS UP WITH THAT... Sorry. I want to know purely for, er, posterity, and so I never abuse this terrible, terrible, er, thing, as it would ruin the game for me.

Honest.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Rent-A-God
          Ok, people, here's the real deal. Someone has already mentioned it, but , being a programmer myself, i want to expand on it. The 999999999 error is due to the fact that this number is too large of an integer, causing an overflow error. Now, being a well-made program (to a certain extent, that is), there is error handling, of course. Without it the game would crash. Since CIV3 does seem to have a decent error handling method, it simply goes to a choice, rejection of offer or acceptance. Clearly, the default is acceptance.
          Overall this but can be easily fixed by placing a limit on the amount offered or simply not allowing the user to type in more than the specified amount of digits (this amount depends on which data type the game uses to represent currency)
          I was going to say something like this.
          I can program in a very easy language... Turbo Pascal.
          With the simple command (*$r+ *) you can check if the integers are used right, if not it gives an error. The creators should have known this and have done something about it. It seems not the right method... so this can be called a bug or they make it a cheat... We will not known until they have said what it is...
          Of course they can/may lie

Comment

Working...
          X