Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anything prevent a golden age?

Hi,

I'm playing as the French on a normal map with 8 civs.

It's about 1750 and I've built 4 wonders that are supposed to trigger golden ages for me, but so far to no avail. I'm beelining for the Hoover Dam now, but if that doesn't give me a golden age, I'm nearly out of 'trigger wonders'. Is there anything that could perhaps be preventing a GA from starting?

I know I could probably get one by beating up the Germans with my Musketeers, but I'd rather do it peacefully Also, does winning a battle with your UU *guarantee* a GA, or is it only a probability, like wonder building?

Thanks!

gpf,
    --

damn, i missed this post:

sorry for the repeat question.

gpf,
    --

Comment

I think that post is wrong about how Wonders cause Golden Ages. The manual states that you must get Wonders to cover both of your civilizations traits. So if I'm the Egyptians I need to cover both Industrius and Religious, conveniently the Pyramids gives both of those traits. The Russians as Expansionist and Scientific probably will need to build one Wonder for each trait.

I haven't exhaustively tested this, but it's been true for the one instance I did get a GA from Wonder building, I had to build two.
      Cool sigs are for others. I'm just a llama.

Comment

Both traits are necessary when using wonders.

Comment

if you get real desparate just build a musketeer and win a battle with it (over another civ- not barbarians). It's getting pretty late though, you should do it before infantry/rifleman start rolling around.

Comment

Working...
          X