Italy vs Switzerland: The War Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy vs Switzerland: The War Effect

An interesting thing about Civ3: it effectively seems to model the 'war-breakthrough' effect, whereby conflict leads to radical advances.

Regent Level: Middle Ages; a long war (Indians (me) vs Japanese) on an iron and horse-less continent. Hordes of Japanese archers and spearmen versus my magnificent (in this resource-scarce context) war elephants. The Japanese put up a hell of a fight, considering how outclassed their units were, mainly because they were churning out three or four for every elephant I produced.

Consequence of war: while my infrastructure fell behind my peaceful opponents on other continents, I got *six* leaders - partially because the first leader-up I gave was Sun Tzu's, so all my units were at least Veteran - and wonder-grabbed ahead of everybody else. Heh heh heh.

To really simulate 'war-breakthrough', though, it would be very nice if you could use a leader to get a free technological advance ... maybe something specifically war-related. Great Scientists, perhaps?
Working...
X