Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War on your turf...

Little placement for you all...

16 civ Huge, French Communist... Russians to the east... fought them about 200 years back to get my hands on a coal mine that "was" the only one on the continent. Romans to the north, fought them just because i could (and they where always wanting free techs, so i knew they would bite sooner or later). I have the tech lead, barely over the persians, and they wanted a MPP for one of their "techs" so i bit. I attack the romans, and because i have alot of money i get alot of people to start war with the romans. The romans have 5 times the army of all of us put together and since im on the front they are coming down on me first. So i raze a few of their front cities and then they offer peace. The civs i contracted seem to have started WWI in my game as all of a sudden all sorts of countries are at war with other countries. Now i have the Russians/Romans on my territory (Both Furious) and if i ask them to move their 50+ armies they will just attack me. I do not have enough guys to make a wall from both sides and they are around all my big cities so its mighty scarry. Flight in 2 turns and MT in about 6 (if i get the 4) Since there are MPP's all over i cannot fight one side and pray for protection from the other...

Any one been in this situation and had a good out come ? If so what did you do ?

make peace.

Comment

What DaXX said. Be prepared to pay a lot for it. If it comes up, take 'Right of Passage' off the table, replace with something good. If they leave, build up an advanced tech army. Starting a fight with a nation that has 5 times the army of the rest of you combined, then razing his cities, and NOW you want advice? Next game, try not to fight if you can't win and don't raze cities if you want that power to talk to you again. (Incidentally, once you raze one of its cities, the AI civ in question regards you as being "without honor." Won't ever trust you again. Thus, the no 'Right of Passage' proviso. The Romans will attack you with troops in your territory due to this clause now, as you have no honor.)
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Thankes for the info Blaupanzer... but i think i left some things out... they are @ war with eachother... and im @ peace (For now) with both of them... i am getting my advanced units now but with a span of 20 min per turn for them to fight on my turf is slowing my game down! I am currently rushing Bombers and carriers... so that i can get into strategic postions to hit one of them... and once ig et tanks ill transport them behind... thats all i think i can do

Comment

I've seen the same occurances on huge maps and many opponents. WW1 is exactly the right description.

Even had a weird situation where my little border skirmish with the Iroquis (They seemed to object to the action a spy took inside their territory...I don't know why they suspected me ) drew in the Aztecs who who were my MPP partner on my side.

Before it was all done, every country on the map went to war on one side or the other in that same turn. In the weirdest turn of events, one civ (the hapless Indians) first declared war on me, and then on my opponent as well, due to all the twisted diplomatic deals that had been brokered in the previous peaceful 500 years.

I have to admit I intentionally provoked the Iroquis just because I knew there was a massive web of MPP's involved, and I wanted to see how it all would play out.

Bill

Comment

In my current game there is a one sausage-shaped continent and I'm sitting in the middle of it. The powers at each end are the greatest (best defense position) but I'm catching up.
            The thing is that as I'm sitting in the middle I have a lot of neutral troops marching through my territory and I mean HUGE troops. I just learned to keep my mouth shut. My people wave to them and throw flowers on the soldiers as they pass by to engage some opponent on the other side of the Sausage.
            I noticed that if I don't bother they will just walk through. If they want to make war with me they usually declare war BEFORE moving in the troops (aren't those honorable AIs just cute?)

Comment

Working...
            X