Problem Lumberjacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Lumberjacking

When trying to cut down a forest that could be shared by more than one city, it seems that neither one gets the bonus shields.
    Is there a special way to get the shields, like only one worker doing it or needing a road, because most of the time I never received the bonus shields even if the forest is next to a city.

Well I haven't tried lumberjacking an overlap square but have you tried making sure the city you want to get the shields is working the square at the time they chop it down?

Comment

Thx for the reply.
      Still no luck, and I tried these combinations, all of them had a forest square not shared and being worked on by the city:
      3 workers (1 non citizen)
      2 workers (citizens)
      1 worker (citizen)
      All 3 did not give me a supply of lumber. Was connected by road to the city, was actually located right next to city. Cannot think of anything else to get that lumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Iconoclast
        Thx for the reply.
        Still no luck, and I tried these combinations, all of them had a forest square not shared and being worked on by the city:
        3 workers (1 non citizen)
        2 workers (citizens)
        1 worker (citizen)
        All 3 did not give me a supply of lumber. Was connected by road to the city, was actually located right next to city. Cannot think of anything else to get that lumber.
        Were you building a wonder/palace at the time? You can't rush those with lumberjacking.

- ICMB

Comment

Yes, thanks for the info.
          Kinda useless to mine for forests for anything less than a Palace or WOW. At least the way I play I guess.

Comment

I use lumberjacking mainly to bring new cities up to date, rather than spending heaps of money on them.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
            X