research, I thought I was smart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• research, I thought I was smart

After getting my backside kicked several times by the AIs, finally I have managed to finish a game. The problem before was that the AIs always got ahead of me in technology. This time I switched tactics and decided to never trade technology to them, but buy everything they have. It worked. I ruled. I thought I was smart. I thought everything was going fine and then I got retired.

Keeping the technology away from the other players forced me to research everything by myself and apparently there is too little time to do that if you want the space victory. Damn, next time I'll have to share and I don't like. Maybe I should have crushed them instead.

Move DOWN a level...
    "Nuke em all, let god sort it out!"

Comment

I always trade tech with the AI now, that is the only way I am able to stay ahead in the tech race, In my curent game thanks to tech trading with the computer I am earning 1200 gold/turn (I am in the middle of the Industrial age) and ahead a few techs of the AI. I have science at 80%, 20% to happiness, and 0% to taxes. I also have 16000 gold and second in world power( only because their is one Civ that is really, really huge. )
      Donate to the American Red Cross.
      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Working...
      X