Huts & What you get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huts & What you get

Anyone noticed on higher levels (emperor/deity) that even for Expansionist getting a settler out of a hut is very very rare?
    I'm assuming that there are some percentages somewhere.

I have only played on Monarch level so far, but here are my observations (or guesstimates):

1. Huts seem to yield better stuff early on in the game. Usually, the huts near my starting point give me 1 settler, 1 tech, 1-2 gold, and 1-2 maps. The huts that I reached a bit later usually yield barbarians. Maybe its just me though.

2. Usually, I can only get 1 settler out of huts per game. I have never gotten more than 1. Its possible to get more than 1 tech though.

3. (This one is certain) What the huts give you is pre-determined before the start of each turn. Reloading and re-entering the huts in the same turn will yield the exact same results. Waiting for a turn will likely yield different results though.

4. (This one is also certain) What the huts yield in a given turn is generated for the entire world, not individual huts. To illustrate: Position a unit each next to huts A, B and C. If the pre-generated result of the turn is 25 gold, then you'll get 25 gold no matter which hut you enter first.

5. The AI won't rush to the huts. They often leave them alone.

Comment

Not One......

I have yet to get a one @$## settler out of those huts.

I didn't think they had that anymore!!

Can you still get a city out of them.

Comment

Ive yet to even find a hut... Maybe its because i play on tiny maps...
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
        X