No announcement yet.

I'm seeing a pattern in my games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I have done before is to build the Forbidden City near my capital, and then build a palace in a location central to my more distant cities - the palace is a lot cheaper than the Forbidden City and thus easier to build in a city with high corruption.

Comment

well, playing as french (not militaristic) on the regent level, huge map & 16 civs; i got 4 leaders until 1700s (after then I abandoned the game due to long AI turns) i even got two in a single turn!

it didnot seem like a that big issue at that time but at my second and current games havent spawn any yet and my game style didnot change at all, probably its a function of the difficulty level & map size making them harder to appear. my second game was monarch and third is emperor both on tiny maps.

other than using a GL, build a wonder is a real though job, i mean i can stand to wait ~50 turns at all

Comment

Originally posted by Badtz Maru
        ...the palace is a lot cheaper than the Forbidden City and thus easier to build in a city with high corruption.
        Not unless you're playing a mod that makes it cheaper. In my version Palace is 400, Forbidden City is 300. Can't rush the Palace either.

Comment

You can buy expensive city improvements though and up it towards your Forbidden Palace. I think that research labs (albeit late in the game) will give almost enough shields to create the Forbidden Palace.

Not sure, but I think Factories are fairly expensive too. Hospitals cost a bit, so do cathedrals. In other words, you certain can speed up building the FB without a leader, but it's always a bit of a pain in ye olde arse.

Comment

Working...
          X