Mobilization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobilization?

Does anyone know what the effects are of mobilizing your nation for war? On the first advisor screen there is an option to change your mobilization from Normal to War footing. I have looked through the manual, and while I can see where it mentions it, I can't find what it does. Thanks in advance for your help!

By the way, this game is Electronic Crack. I have had it a week and done nothing else but eat sleep and work. Now on my 4th full game.

The description of the effects of Mobilization are in the Civlopedia.
    DarkMatter

As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.
    -Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942

Comment

Mobilization - an experiential viewpoint

Basically, it puts your Civ's production on speed. Everything gets cranked out a lot quicker - I'm not sure exactlyhow it works, but I'm pretty sure an extra shield is added per city square or something. You can only build units and military based improvements (barracks, harbor, coastal fortress, SAM Missile, Airports, and one other); HOWEVER, you will continue to build whatever was currently up. Mobilizing for "war" is a great way to give newly acquired and founded cities a good kick in the pants. You can follow up that slow building temple, marketplace, or library with a harbor and barracks as long as you're at war. Not to mention that a tank every turn or two is a very good thing. I'm not sure if it helps out building wonders, but I think it did - this could be a VERY cool trick.

Here's the catch: you can't DEmobilize until you make peace with all your neighbors. And in a democracy, you only get about five to ten rounds of fighting in before your cities throw a fit. Police Stations supposedly help, but odds are you won't have them in your fringe cities where you need the most help. And it seems to me that war mobilization actually increases war weariness. SO keep that in mind before you switch, but if you're about to get involved in a prolonged conflict and hadn't made prior preparations, go for it!

Here's a tip: when your civilization starts to have mass protests in a number of cities, it means it's time to sue for peace. More often than not, your opponent is ready to call it quits, too, so make sure you milk whatever gold and other stuff you can out of him.

Comment

Working...
      X