Using Wall Street Effectively

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Wall Street Effectively

Since Wall Street compounds your treasury by adding 5%/turn in value, wouldn't it be an effective strategy to increase taxes to the max for a few turns, and then turn it back down so that the compounding worked from a larger "principal"?

...It seems not, since, in checking the Civilopedia, your interest is capped at 50%/turn (damn capital gains taxation). There must be some way to exploit this wonder, though (by that I mean use it most efficiently...) Keeping your treasury from going over 1000 gold (5% of 1000 = 50) improves efficiency, but are there any other creative ideas out there?

Well, Wall Street is fairly simple. I don't know if there are any strategies that will make this wonder 'work wonders' over and above it compounding 5% interest. I think the real strategy is when and where to build it- it just does its thang after that.

One good thing I have noticed, is that you continue to compound the interest even if you are Anarchy.

Comment

One thought: It may be possible to get other civs to loan you gold at rates that work out to less than 5% (compounded).

I'm nowhere near enough of a micomanager to hunt down this deal, at least not unless some civ has enough gold they're willing to loan me to make it worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
      X