newbie question about wonder building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie question about wonder building

Please excuse me if this question seems dumb, but I can't figure out why some of my cities have the option of building a particular wonder but the others don't? For an example, Colossus. One of my cities has the option of building this...but my capital city doesn't. Why? I take it that it has to do with the resource available? All the cities are linked by roads...

Some of them have terrain requirements....Colossus and Magellens voyage must be built on the coast, Hoover Dam must be built with a river in the city radius, etc.

Comment

The Colossus has to be built in a coastal city (given that the real one stood astride the harbour at Rhodes). It mentions that in the Civilopedia, but I missed it my first game

Also, as far as I can see, if you start building a Wonder in one city, you can't build it simultaneously in another city, presumably to avoid the old 'switch to another one when you get the tech' cheat.

Comment

Doh! That explains it!

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CBH
          The Colossus has to be built in a coastal city (given that the real one stood astride the harbour at Rhodes). It mentions that in the Civilopedia, but I missed it my first game

Also, as far as I can see, if you start building a Wonder in one city, you can't build it simultaneously in another city, presumably to avoid the old 'switch to another one when you get the tech' cheat.
          THAT was one of my favorite tactics, coupled and Doubled-Yoked with ICS, put several cities on building wonders, several X 2 building defensive and bombard units as well as workers to fill those wonder-building cities, but alas...~sigh~.it cant be done!!..~grrrr~..DRATS!!

Yours in Civin

Troll
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Yes, I also noticed it today. No fast Hoover Dam.

But you can still start building a palace and switch to some wonder.
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
            X