Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strategy Notes From Vel - The Early Game....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Strategy Notes From Vel - The Early Game....

The fastest growth in cities comes from granaries usually by using 20 shields + 1 pop. After that you might want to minimize shield loss in production. If your city produces 1 - 5 or 10 shields/ turn, you might want to produce workers, scouts, or warriors (use the excess to scout if you aren't playing an expansionist Civ). With 3 or 4 shields a turn you will waste 2 shields but you'll get a unit out fast. With 6, 8 or 9 shields a turn, waste is minimized by producing settlers, and with 7, if you are militaritistic Civ, build barracks, then spearmen. Maximizing productivity is quite helpful for the Vassal strategy.

Comment

• Where is Vel, anyway? I haven't seen him around here since the time when I was just a lurker.
      "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
      -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

• about the modern war:
        offense is most definately the ket to defence. forget caputring cities. rather, track down offensive units like cavalry, tanks ect. with your own and kill them. dont worry about any other units they might have. i have found that the AI goes through a period of thoughness, that once you survive, you are safe. for me, a war starts out with a small invasion of a few units,increasing to a full slam of all units not engaged in another war. i found that if you have modern defenders, say 2-3 fortified at the point of attack, you will be ok, as long as the enemy offensive units are busy. by attacking and destroying these units, you throw the AI into confusion. they will not attack a defended city with defensive units such as riflemen or infantry alone: they'll only attack when offensive units are nearby. simply keep them away. once they are destroyed you can attack the other units invading or slam their cities until you can get peace. either way, the war is over. once you have peace, be sure to build offensive units incase the war restarts. i usually give em 2 chances-the 3rd war-they die
        when i do this, i uaually have an extremely weaker army:10-20 offensive units and 1-2 defenders in ever city. go everywhere to find those offensive units. kill them all and leave everything else. you may be able to use the civ later on. but after the 3rd war.. its over.

<>
        If it doesn't work, kick it. Never foreget, bananas don't like monkies.
        <>

Comment

• Last I heard Vel was working on his game.

Comment

• Where do i find him?
            Up The Millers

Comment

• Try Candle'Bre forum.

Comment

• Talk about a blast from the past...good to see this old thread still getting some views....76k?! Yowza! Hadn't expected that!

As for me....still here in spirit, but spending more and more of my free time neck deep in designing my own computer game (with fingers crossed that you'll all become hopeless Candle'Bre addicts when it's done! )

-=Vel=-
                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Velociryx
                  (with fingers crossed that you'll all become hopeless Candle'Bre addicts when it's done! )
                  Is there a doubt?
                  "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                  -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

• Aye! put me down for the first copy!
                    Up The Millers

Comment

• I'm already a "reading / catching up" addict.

Holy creativity, Batman!
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                      X