Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO... train leaders

====> edited by diety <====
    this doens't work, barbarians don't give leaders.
    sorry
    there goes my carefully build credibility
    ==== ====

1. look for barb camp
    2. *don't* sac it
    3. wait till a barb comes out
    4. kill em
    5. repeat

Or you could just wage a war against someone
    If you were in my movie...

Thanx I never would have thought of that.

Comment

Nice to be of help

Comment

Barbarians don't give you leaders...although you CAN milk them for Elite units...
        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Maybe I'm dim but how does this train leaders? I know when you attack with a unit if your unit wins there is a chance the they will become more experienced but how is attacking a barbarian camp better than just a "regular" war??
          "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
          "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Word on the street is that there's a 1 in 16 chance that a leader will be created every time an "Elite" Unit wins a battle. I don't know if this works on barbarians. I asume if ya have elite units you can camp thier camps (lol) , and kepe attacking with elite units until a leader is created. That seems like one hell of an exploit so I doubt that is possible.

I have yet to ever see a leader, this is after many long drawn out wars with the romans too..In which many of my elite units won many glorious battles.
            Leonid

Comment

I think it's true that beating barbarians doesn't give the Leader unit. I've been sending my elite warriors off to battling barbs for 1000's of years in their ever-sprawling settlements, and while the gold is handy, I haven't gotten a leader out of it.

Comment

Seems my HOW TO wasn't so "how" after all

After confirmlation, it seems that leaders don't appear when fighting barbarians... So you need to use a enemy city, entangle it and kill everything that comes out with a elite.

Too bad

Comment

I greatly admire a man who cheerfully admits his error and is edified by the experience. Well done, Diety.
                  "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Working...
                  X