Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I upgrade any unit?

Can someone please tell me? Thanks!

Move the unit into a city that has a barracks. If the unit is upgradeable, an upgrade button will appear over the unit action icons at the bottom middle of the screen (I think the keyboard shortcut is "u"). You'll get a dialog asking you if you want to pay for the upgrade.

You can also upgrade units in the city screen by right-clicking on a unit in the garrison and selecting upgrade. You can also do this from the military advisor page.

What I'd like to know is if there's any way to upgrade a group of units at once (like all the units in a city or all of the units of a particular type). Even going through the military advisor page selecting the upgrade menu option is a bit on the tedious side, particularly given how large some of my standing armies get.

Comment

Shift-U

Comment

I also believe that when upgrading you need the appropriate resources to upgrade the unit to. For instance, if you only had one town with access to iron for the rest of your empire and all the sudden you lose it, it means that you shouldn't have access to all the units that require iron for making (legions, samurai, etc.)
        No such thing as overkill, just ensured victory!

Comment

My question is, can you upgrade units that are on separate continents? I've noticed on many of my island hopping games that I can upgrade my units on my capitol continent, but on my colony islands I'm having an extremely hard time upgrading them.
          Diamondbacks Win!! Congratulations Schilling and Johnson, and to New York for playing one of the most incredible World Series in years.

Comment

Anyone has an idea how much the upgrade usually costs?

Comment

Its twice the difference of the cost between the upgraded unit and the obsolete unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Spagina
                My question is, can you upgrade units that are on separate continents? I've noticed on many of my island hopping games that I can upgrade my units on my capitol continent, but on my colony islands I'm having an extremely hard time upgrading them.
                You'll need harbors on your main continent and the island city in question. You also need the technologies that allow trade across seas and across oceans if either intervene between the island and the mainland. Otherwise the island needs independent access to the strategic resource(s) required.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                X