Fortress Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortress Questions

Do fortresses have to be inside your territory to allow units to exert zone of control?

I had one on square outside my border and units from civ's I was at war with just walked right by it.

I had 2 catapults, a horseman and a swords fortified inside.

AFAIK, there ARE no ZOCs in Civ3...
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

There are ZOCs in Civ 3, but they're not of the move blocking variety. If your enemy tries to move past one of your troops with the ZOC ability (like tanks), you get one free attack against it per stack.

- Nobody

Comment

Read page 84 of the f'ing manual.

I am talking about "free shots' when an enemy unit passes a fortified fortress!

That is what I mean by exerting their zone of control.

Comment

Don't think you need to be in your territory.
          But I'm not sure that fortified units gets a shot...
          If you were in my movie...

Comment

This sucks! The manual and "Civilopedia" both say units in fortresses exert a zone-of-control (ZOC) and get some sort of "free" attack without launching a "full" attack.

WTF? So why do my ***** swordsmen, catapults, and archers sit their and watch the Huns march on by, regardless of whether my units are fortified or active and regardless of whether the fortress is in my territory or in neutral?! How come when I force the pussies to launch an attack from the fortress, they move into the square when victorious?!

This really blows. Why waste 16+ worker-turns building a fortress when the SOBs waltz right past it? Some ZOC! So much for fortifying choke points or preserving an unsettled area for myself or filling in gaps between cities.

Yeah, I've read the f'ing manual and I've read the f'ing readme. Log this one as a BUG.

Dar Steckelberg

Comment

I have been wondering if my units in a fortress that is inside enemy territory still get a defense bonus or not? The reason I ask is because of the denial of road/rail use to invaders.

Comment

Gee, man, what are you on ? No need to get so upset !
                If you were in my movie...

Comment

Working...
                X