No announcement yet.

Use of Fortresses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now that you can add Razor Wire to your Fortresses, they really look cool!!!

I just wish the modern forts looked as cool as the industrial ones.
    "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

1) I will put a fortress and a defender on top of resources and luxuries that are in hazardous locations to protect them from the baddies during a war.

2) If I have an aggressive neighbor and a fairly short border I'll put up a wall of fortresses (usually defended by two defenders and artillery) as a deterrent to keep them out. The AI will attack a path of lesser resistance if there is one.

3) I've had games in which I put a fortress on a good location on or near the border, stuck three good defenders and an artillery piece in it, and the AI threw wave after wave of attackers at it and ignored my cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Mustard

3) I've had games in which I put a fortress on a good location on or near the border, stuck three good defenders and an artillery piece in it, and the AI threw wave after wave of attackers at it and ignored my cities.
        Yet another great reason to build fortresses. Have the forts soak up the damage thus preserving your cities. You forces are conserved allowing you to launch a counterattack once the enemy has expended himself on your fortress.

I've noticed the ai in several of my games to go after unprotected workers and fortresses on attractive real estate.
        signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Working...
        X