No announcement yet.

Airfield Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm.... bombard can destroy resources.....this is a VERY interesting concept.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Can it really destroy the resource? Without having it tried, but I doubt so. It would be too easy to leave the AI resourceless and screw it this way. I think the graphical crater overlay just replaces the graphical resource overlay, making the resource invisible, but leaving it there.

Comment

I think it can. I think it's a scenario option though.

Comment

Well, in the game that started this thread, I have bombed the crap out of resources but it never worked on destroying it. I have also tried to bomb just a plain resorce that had no units or improvements on it. It wouldn't allow me to (BTW, the game is an epic game with the plague).
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
            In C3C you can destroy resources through bombardment. So yes, it is new.
            You gotta be kidding me?!!?!!? If I'd known that I could have won or at least survived a couple of my failed games. This is great news! I can't wait to try this out.
            signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Perhaps you could try to nuke the coastal areas and dry-up the water thus creating a land-bridge to the resource. Of course, by the time you get nukes you probably won't need that coal anyway.

I did notice that you seem to have Ivory. Build the SoZ so the Ancient Cavalry can help-out your Endikus. But if coal is showing-up the SoZ is probably obsolete.

Better luck next game.
              "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpie
                if you have C3C, you can bombard the mountains until craters appear, they destroy the resource on the tile
                mrpie - can you confirm this destroyed the resource, or does it just hide the resource icon with the craters?

I have not yet seen anything to suggest resources can be destroyed.
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                X