Airfield Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airfield Question

Ok, maybe I'm just missing the obvious. How do I use the coal? It is inside my cultural border, but outside the city radius of any of my cities.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

You can't.

Comment

(&*%$@(*!@)(%#$()@%()&@!%&*!@#%!@ !!!!!

Here is the map of the land I have to go along with that coal

Look at all the Iron!
      Look at all the Saltpeter!

Here I am in the industrial age trying to defend myself with Enkidu Warriors.
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I believe that you CAN use that coal, if you expend a worker to place an airfield on the island. I could very well be wrong. (Of course, you have to wait until you get an airfield) - I'm at work, but check the pedia - Doesn't it say that airfields in addition to airports, and harbors can be a connection in a trade network?

Kevin
        ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

Nice and logical line of though, but....

The pedia says that airfields make a tile work as a city with an airport with regards to units only.

I guess my only option would be to send a worker over there and road the tile. Eventually it will get exhausted (resources will get exhausted when roaded, but not neccisarily connected).

Comment

Well if this was SMAC, you could terraform your way out to the island and build a road to it

Comment

I am pretty sure I have slapped an airfield down on a captured island where the cities had no ports or airports and they showed up as connected. It is worth a try (unless someone knows better?)
              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Just roading it definitely doesn't work. The airfield thing could, but the civilopedia says nothing about it. Even under trade networks airfields are not mentioned. It's worth a try, though.

Comment

Yeah, I know roading it won't add it to my trade network. It will, however, cause it to move.

I have gotten to Replaceable Parts in that game, and natrally, no rubber.... (the forests were at one point enormous)

I am going to play this out (its quiet a challenge) and I'll post here to let everyone know for sure about the Airfield deal.

Comment

Airbase does not help.

I had play a similar game, in which an oil deposit lay in a 3-tile island between me and anothor country. The island was very near my mainland and in fact that oil was within one of my port city's range, so I didn't want to build another city on the island.

Thus I cleared marsh, built road and mine on two tiles within my city radius (including the oil tile). My oil counter didn't go up, and I couldn't built railroad on the island.

Then I waited until I get Flight. I built an airbase on the tile without oil, and airports in my core cities. The counter still remain the same, and I still wasn't able to built railroad on the island.

So I guess a single airbase will not connect your country. Maybe at least an airbase and a city...

Comment

Wow, ****tly luck Donegeal! May the civ gods bless you with a quick deplete-repop in a spot you can use!

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Try nuking it a bunch.
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

if you have C3C, you can bombard the mountains until craters appear, they destroy the resource on the tile

Comment

Originally posted by mrpie
                            if you have C3C, you can bombard the mountains until craters appear, they destroy the resource on the tile
                            Bombard mountains? Is this something new?

-Patch

Comment

In C3C you can destroy resources through bombardment. So yes, it is new.

Comment

Working...
                              X