Early Landing Challenge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Landing Challenge.

I thought a PTW comparison game generate some interest, since not everyone has Conquests yet and it has some nasty bugs at the moment anyway.

So, attached is a 4000BC save. You are the Egyptians, on Emperor level. There are 3 gems and a river right by you. Unfortunately there are 8 mountain tiles as the price. Overall it is a tricky start, that needs to be played precisely.

The challenge is to launch as early as possible........nothing else matters.

I have played the game through, with an acceptable but not amazing time of 1585AD. Be warned, however, this is my first (and probably only ) PTW game, though rumour has it I played a game or two of vanilla a while back.

Taking my rustiness into account 1500 should be a reasonable target I'd say. I'll post thoughts on the game and some saves if there is interest and some players have a shot. At the very least I hope I will get a chance to see what players I should keep an eye on for Conquests, especially those that have joined or vastly improved since I stopped playing Civ3.

Good luck.

Doc
    Attached Files

What's up? You don't like comparison games here in Civ3 Strat? You don't like early landing games? All playing Conquests?

Comment

Why spaceship? Why not conquest or domination?

Nothing against spaceship, it just so happens that all my wins are domination or conquest
      Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Well it's a comparison game, which benefits from a specific goal. Here the goal is early landing. But noone seems interested anyway, so perhaps it wasn't a good idea (edit) to start a game so close to the release of C3C.

Comment

I suspect many folks are buried in C3C

Catt

Comment

Yeah I am too to an extent.

Pun not intended, but the corruption thing really bugs me.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              Yeah I am too to an extent.

Pun not intended, but the corruption thing really bugs me.
              I just finished a C3C game where I didn't build an FP because my palace was nicely centered and I didn't want to take the time to build another core. It bugs me too, but I still find it playable, especially for the early "explore the new features and gameplay" sorts of games I am playing.

Catt

Comment

I'll take it if no-one else will.

Comment

Originally posted by Catt

I just finished a C3C game where I didn't build an FP because my palace was nicely centered and I didn't want to take the time to build another core. It bugs me too, but I still find it playable, especially for the early "explore the new features and gameplay" sorts of games I am playing.

Catt
                  Yeah that's my take as well. I am playing a few starts to see the new traits and features. I doubt I will bother finishing any though. What is more I expect the patch will be a while coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Nor Me
                    I'll take it if no-one else will.
                    Good man.

Comment

Working...
                    X