Archer Rush, Early Palace Jump, Oscillating War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archer Rush, Early Palace Jump, Oscillating War

Here is a fun start that illustrates three strategies from this forum. Without an archer rush, you are a cooked goose. And you need to get your capital out of the terrible start location. Finally, if you are way behind on research, eat the neighbors in small bites.

This game was a hoot! Enjoy if you wish.
    Attached Files
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Conquests?
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

No, it's old fashioned.\ PTW. Conquests is going to take some getting used to, don't you agree?

Comment

I sure agree.

Comment

Originally posted by jshelr
          Conquests is going to take some getting used to, don't you agree?
          most certainly, even though some of the changes are small they do provide rather big changes in strat for me. especially when it comes to early game wonder building
          "I came, I saw, and.....then I went home."

Comment

What level?
            I might play it waiting for Conquest. Amazon UK informed me it would come by mid-2007....
            The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

How much $ did they want? For me the game was $29 and shipping $35.......
              Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Originally posted by bongo

How much $ did they want? For me the game was $29 and shipping $35.......
                Can't remember. It was part of my 'Xmas package'. I cancelled each item to see which one was holding the whole stuff back and, well, guess which item it was...
                So I had time to add LotR II (the 4-CD set) and will probably also add LotR III next year.

Comment

I'm coming around to the view that the additional wonders help the human player. They keep the AI from building units and their are so many of them that the impact on unit builds may be big. Watch out for the "disappearing temples" you get with the Temple of Artemis. It creates imaginary temples in your cities that disappear when you get educated. (This should be turned off for America which is a country that still believes in temples even after university educations.)

Comment

I agree the new wonders are hurting the AI. I also found out the hard way that the free temples are not perminate. I doubt I will be building it in the future.
                    It also does not put the Temple of Zues as a priority and will traded Ivory with this wonder still available. I am not saying it is never a good idea, but I can't think of when it would be one.

Comment

jshelr,
                      I just started your game. Yuck! But it's fun...

Comment

A very nice game. 100% PP. I even enjoyed it.

1475BC: the opening moves.
                        The perfect starting point: Egypt south, Rome a bit more south and me with my back on the ocean, there was not much to do. Build 2 cites, build 2 barracks and lots os swords. At least I had iron.
                        Attached Files

Comment

10BC:
                          A few more wars afterwards (Rome lost 2 cities), it is time to confine Egypt on the tundra.
                          My civ-improvements are many and diverse: barracks. Period.
                          Attached Files

Comment

440AD: another push against Rome and my 1st temple!
                            The good news is that I got almost all the ancient GW.
                            Attached Files

Comment

1100AD: home, sweet home.
                              Time to start building things. The funny part is over!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X