No announcement yet.

RCP and Conquests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, my copy of the game finally arrived (never again going through Amazon).

From some initial tests it looks like RCP was fixed in a very strange way: all cities in the ring still get the same rank, only this time it's the worst rank instead of the best! So basically you have to avoid placing your cities in a ring now?

Also, the FP seems to increase OCN corruption now!
    WTF?

Still testing for exact numbers...

Comment

Originally posted by alexman

From some initial tests it looks like RCP was fixed in a very strange way: all cities in the ring still get the same rank, only this time it's the worst rank instead of the best!

So basically you have to avoid placing your cities in a ring now?

WTF?

Please do test -- I am experiencing what I believe is much higher corruption than in PTW, even though I know they increased the OCN and theoretically lowered corruption in the game. I had assumed that I and others "inadvertantly enjoyed" limited RCP effects in prior versions and that the RCP fix accounted for my anecdotal view (from one game ) that I was experiencing much greater corruption than expected. If the RCP "fix" and / or FP bug accounts for it, well that's another kettle of fish . . .

Catt

Comment

Originally posted by alexman

From some initial tests it looks like RCP was fixed in a very strange way: all cities in the ring still get the same rank, only this time it's the worst rank instead of the best! So basically you have to avoid placing your cities in a ring now?

WTF?

Mine arrives tomorrow, at least I hope it does.

I was hoping you'd do all the hard work again fleshing out the formulae. However, it pains me to see that they may have jumped from one set of flawed rank calculations to another. Keep us posted.

Comment

I posted my findings in the Conquests forum.
          Crazy stuff!

Comment

I am not so bothered that my copy isn't here now............man that is dumb.

Comment

Thanks for the work alexman, it is depressing none the less.

Comment

Great work Alex , this took you what? a full day to discover?

You are getting slow in your old age, aren't you.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                X