No announcement yet.

Barbs that spawn next to my units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW this is also a game I was testing the Palace jump thing. Worked like a charm...

YaY! First Monarch game and I'm doing well. Go Legions!
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Legions are cool, I miss them after PTW it seems I have not played them much. Before you could get Med INf they were one of the few ancient units to have some value in the middle ages.
      After PTW provide MI and upgrades for UU, they were not as attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
        Legions are cool, I miss them after PTW it seems I have not played them much. Before you could get Med INf they were one of the few ancient units to have some value in the middle ages.
        After PTW provide MI and upgrades for UU, they were not as attractive.
        Heathen unbeliever!!

Legion, fortified, mountain, fortress... decent odds against a TANK.

And that from a second level tech.

SPQR
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Theseus likes those legions. Almost as much as 'zerks, eh?

I like them, but I have other favorites (Rider, Samurai). Rome has become one of my favorite civs, though.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus

Heathen unbeliever!!

A spoken like a true fanatic. I merely agreed that they were cool and useful after their age and down comes the wraith.

BTW what fortress? They are too slow to make it to the mountains, whoops more blasphemy.

The reason I have not played them lately is not because I dislike them, but with so many civs, you can only do so much. No to mention how sweet China is, I have been trying to break myself from them. Industry + Riders, yummy.

Anyway I am on your side, I like Legions.

Comment

I have been finding myself not upgrading many of my Legions - their 3 defense makes them really worth it, and I found taking on the Carthagininans (and their 3 defense NMs) meant I lost a Legion for every NM I killed, so I just needed to swamp them. Now I'm finding it's exactly the same with Egypt and their Pikemen. :B:
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I have not used them much lately so I am not sure if this changed, but the AI used to stay away from Legions in a city even with knights, unless it had numbers. So they were decent defenders for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                  Heathen unbeliever!!

And that from a second level tech.

SPQR
                  Big T fanatically defending his favorite Legions.

By the way, the same is true for the Hoplite.

And that from a first level tech. Which is, unlike BW+IW for Rome, even free for the particular civ!

Comment

Working...
                  X