Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polution Management

IMHO, AI is very stupid on PM

There is any way to change the BUILDING PRIORITY of my city improvements?? I allways have to locate the most polution cities and alter current building project to make Mass Transit, Recycler, etc.
    My mayors prefer to build anything, such as cultural buildings, religious, ... instead of anti-polution kind.

I hate this micromanagement!!

[]s
    regards
    Krakatoa

If you hold shift you can create a build queue. I think the limit is 10 items.

-- PF

Comment

I never let them manage my build queue, for as you say they will misbehave if they are given a chance.

Comment

Right.
        If you want things done right, you do it yourself in Civ.
        If you want to lower your civ to the level of the AI, use the governors. (yuch!)

If you want a quick game, without micro but with a perfectionist touch, ... Duh! What strategy game SHOULD you play??

Comment

I've often considered playing a game using governors to full effect as a house rule, just to see how the other half lives and to simulate a decentralized government. Then I get a small, inadvertent taste of the governor in a real game and decide I'd rather spend that time digging my eyes out with a rusty spoon.
          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

LOL. I had completely forgotten that there was any such thing as a Governor in Civ3. It has never even occurred to me to let the AI manage anything for me. (If the AI wasn't completely stupid it wouldn't be Civ).

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
              If you want a quick game, without micro but with a perfectionist touch, ... Duh! What strategy game SHOULD you play??
              Probably none, but Starships Unlimited comes close.

Comment

Originally posted by planetfall
                If you hold shift you can create a build queue. I think the limit is 10 items.

-- PF
                I know that, but it's micromanagement

Folks, I like to play domination style, normaly I have 80+ cities, its too much to manager manualy, my turns are already long enoght without micromanagement. May be it's possible to change something on AI script files, I will take a look...
                regards
                Krakatoa

Comment

play starcraft, 25 minute games on average, and perfectionism is what keeps people playing even after 4 years.
                  (and what causes you to get mad and agrivated because you will never play perfect, but you keep trying to get closer to it)

Comment

After the VERY early game, I usually let the city governor manage moods (and thus city worker actions), but nothing else.
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Although there is no option for anti-polution buildings, it's possible to make the governors more likely to select the building of your choice. In the "Production" tab of the governor screen, you have the option to specify the frequency of build types: Often, Sometimes, and Never.

Comment

Working...
                      X