No announcement yet.

Arrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Aeson! I couldn't find the spreadsheet, but did find an html calculator on CFC. The same data plotted against turn numbers gives a similar graph, just with vastly different coefficients (as would be expected) and an R-squared of 0.9922. IOW, not much changes except the cosmetics when switching from date to turns.

Just for fun, extrapolating the curve out to 2050 (turn 540) would give a score of 62,446. Having never played a game out that long, I suspect this means the relationship breaks down at some point.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I wrote a little utility several months ago to help me get a feel for how to set the score curve for a scoring system. It's very basic, but works. You can download it from this post over at CivFanatics. Be warned that it is just something I threw together one night, definitely not a finished product.

Here is a sample output from the utility: (graphically added the legend)

Those are 4 of the best players at milking the in game scoring system... so it gives a pretty good idea of what the max score curve looks like. As you can see, the 'exponential' part of the curve tails off considerably later in the game.

Any chance someone good with math could give me an expression to reasonably fit those score curves? Currently I'm using something close to the green curve, which isn't good at all in the BC's. 550BC is where it crosses into negatives.

Comment

Nice job, Aeson. It actually kind of reminds me of a 3rd order polynomial, if the two axes were reversed.
        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

BTW Aeson, your game with 64,000 was mentioned in the free CD that comes with C3C. I think it was in the SP strat guide.
          It was in conjunction with ICS.

Comment

i never payed any attention to scores in civ.

i only try to conquer the world in as early as possible and try to beat myself in being earlier than before.

Comment

Working...
            X