Theseus, got another screenshot you may enjoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theseus, got another screenshot you may enjoy

Similar tactics to my Americans vs. Arabs landing, except this time I sent the transport fleet alone and forced Mao to declare war as soon as they were in position. Oh, and China had New Canton stuffed with Infantry... good thing I brought along 4 4xMarine Armies.

This was a classic resource denial move. Take their rubber (1 of three at least) and coal, and hit them with 8 Panzer divisions (64 units) and 36 Cavalries left over along our shared border. As it turned out my Panzers might have gotten to New Canton, but I wanted to be sure, especially since their other two rubbers and only oil were definitely within reach of the frontal attack. All told at the end of the turn, Mao's declaration had cost him 24 cities, 45 of his 105 Infantry units, every one of his strategic resources (except maybe a horse or two), most of his luxuries, if not all and a whole slew of outdated units, including his only two Cavs and all but four of his Horsies, the only fastmovers he has left. It cost me a couple of Guerillas, 12 Panzers and I think a Cav or two. Okay, I got carried away, just meant to put the shot up here since I know you enjoyed that other one, so enough rambling.
    Attached Files
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Now that is an invasion I can respect!
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Marine armies? Does Solomwi know something the rest of us don't?
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

They're amphibious, Cerberus, which means Inf fortified in a metro (and even Mech Inf, trust me) can be taken down from the sea with fairly certain results (although I have lost one or two before).
        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

If you have marines in an army that are still capable of amphibious attacks then you are managing something special. Check Theseus's sig to see what I mean.

Comment

I think Theseus said it works for marine or beserk armies, only not for an army that has both units.

Comment

Correct.

And, echoing Solomonwi... amphib Armies just ROCK.

I still don't know what defense modifiers are counted, but if feels like not many. Now, imagine the power of 6-attack Berserks on Spears and Pikes. NOW, imagine that as a 3xArmy.

And, thought of in a certain way, they are effectively a limited form of fastmover.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Great stuff,

I don't think I've ever actually tried an amphib attack but will check it out. I have at least two coming up in a current game and possibly three. I was knocking civs down to their last continental city but an ai managed to take the last one moving the capital to a one tile island. Maybe I'll give them some techs and cash and resources to bulk up their defense a little bit.

They need to fix that amphib tag, not just for berzerk/marine armies but so that it used for other units in the editor.

Comment

Sounds good. I am currently playing on an archipelago map so I will give marine armies another go.

Comment

Working...
                  X