No announcement yet.

the Bible for playing to computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just try it yourself. I don't want to proof that I am more professional than you, I just want tell you the rule of the game.

In civ3, the barbarians' attack & defence are all only one, so you can easyly use your warrior perish them. A classical test case is : using your warrior find a field village, normal you will get three angry barbarians, just pass a turn, if you are enough lucky, your regular warrior will become elite by defending the three barbarians.

That is the most fast way to get your elite.

The next thing you do is attacking any computer you meet, just try, and as i said before, if you are lucky enough, you will create a GL at first battle your elite fight. (if you can't win that battle, just dig up the hatchet, and don't attack, try to pass a turn & defent to win the battle, or attack in next turn.)

That is the fastest way you get your GL.

At beginning, your first meeting with computer will be at a place where is in the middle of you and computer, so your GL will come back much more easy.

Comment

In PtW, the thing is more hard. Because the barbarians' attack & defence are all become 2, and they will hardly attack your warrior on their own initiative, so you can hardly upgrade your regular to elite.

And even if you have an elite, the computer will almost never attack a full hitpoint elite, so you can hardly get your GL by defence.

If you are not very professional in creating GL, I suggest you practice in civ3. That will be more helpful in create GLs.

Comment

Sorry my english is not very good, but I am very glad to communicating my experience with you, if you are realy absorbed in Civ3 you will do better, :-), &will get more GLs.

Comment

Re: the Bible for playing to computer

Originally posted by fanes7
          try to win every battle, when you can't attack to win it, just try to defend to win it, when you can't defend to win, you can move to attack in next turn.
          I suppose this means a lot of reloading.
          I can see no other way of making sure you win a battle.
          Not with this RNG.
          veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

Reloading is when you play a turn and then open the previous save from the last turn and play the turn again. This is considered cheating. Now that I have defined reloading; is this what you do fanes7?

I agree with Flandrien that language definitely suggests he reloads the game.
            For your photo needs:
            http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I saved the random gene, so the reloading can't change the battle result.

I want to transfer some save-files to this site, How should I do ?

Comment

ok, i uploaded, this is the scenario I play.

ver: Ptw1.14f

Comment

This is my save-file, in this turn I fight out a GL.

You can try it.
                  ;-)

Comment

Do you fight out it?

This is the savefile that the GL appear.

Comment

hey,

Congratulations! You found a missing page http://apolyton.net/upload/files/fan...AAp%C2%B0c.SAV
                      If you care too much about it (or about the well-being of our site ) please report the error
                      Upload it so we can actually download it, just use the attachment feature when making a thread.
                      For your photo needs:

Sell your photos

Comment

Sorry my english is not very good, but I am very glad to communicating my experience with you, if you are realy absorbed in Civ3 you will do better, :-), &will get more GLs.
                        I will be considerate of the language issue. So I think you can presume that many players here are well aware of all the things you said about GL.
                        We played CivIII from day1 and are still playing. We know that it was common to pop a hut and get barbs. These barbs will attack your warrior and often cause an elite. This presumes that you win and do get two promotions, not a given.
                        With the advent of the first or second patch the RNG could be turned off. If you do not turn it off you can still reload and take a different set of actions to change the outcome. You could also wait to fight the next turn or defend as you say. This is still cheating IMO.
                        Of course if you have an elite and it wins a battle against the AI, you have a chance to get a leader. This is basically 1/16. This means you have a very small chance to get that leader. Now how you get from all of this to as many leaders as you would need to build all the ancient wonders is another matter altogether.
                        This all presuposes that you can even make contact that early.
                        The best way to go about giving advice is to not suggest that you are the final authority on the subject. It makes people get a bit testy.
                        When you make grand claims you are required to provide grand proof, otherwise people tend to dismiss your points.

Comment

I saved the random gene, so the reloading can't change the battle result.

I want to transfer some save-files to this site, How should I do ?
                          The RNG can be subverted. Just chance the sequence of plays or wait till the next turn.

If the file is less than 500k it can be attached. If greater, zip it. Select POST REPLY, then see the browse button. Select it and then browse to the file and it will be attached if not too large and of the proper file type (sav/zip).

Comment

[url]Do you fight out it?

This is the savefile that the GL appear.
                            Having a fight with an elite unit can generate a leader, we know this, so there is no point to doing that one battle.
                            Having a leader will allow you to rush a wonder, we know that. What we don't know is how to get enough leaders (fairly) to get all of the wonders.

What is needed is a start save at 4000bc and a detail log of the run with a save along the way to show the results of getting these wonders.
                            If you are using reloads to accomplish this, just say so and we can forget the whole thing.
                            None of this is to say you are or are not a good player, only that we are skeptical of the idea of getting all ancient wonders fairly. No editor, no pumped up maps, no reloads. If you can do that then I am prepare to bow down.

Comment

If you can do a full thread with screenshots of all these wonders and GLs, and can provide us with saves and actual information we can use I too will bow down.
                              For your photo needs:

Sell your photos

Comment

Working...
                              X