Hi, I am stuck in the basic step of the game-need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I am stuck in the basic step of the game-need help

I do not know, I am fully stuck: besides fighting and expanding my territory by invading the others' territories and making the other civilizations be in war with me (which eventually makes me lose the game), what else can I do in order to advance the game and finally win (for a change)... ?

OK, I'm afraid you're gonna have to be a bit more specific if you want some better help.

I suggest you start by having a look at this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=59216
    There are links in there to lots of good things that people here have written on Civ3 strategy. Maybe those will help you.

Otherwise you should post a savegame file from a game you're in the middle of and have become stuck. People are usually very happy to take a look at it and suggests improvements you might want to make to your strategy.

Also, what difficulty level are you playing at?
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Right, msade and I have been talking via PM and he's having problems figuring out how to attach a file. Hopefully this will help.

Please excuse the use of MS Paint here ... it isn't pretty but I hope you get the idea. It's the best I can do while at work.

Step 1: Open this thread and click the Post Reply button.
      Attached Files

Comment

Step 2-1 - Click the Choose button next to Attach File. Find a Civ3 save file on your hard drive and click OK. Can somebody else post the exact path for finding the default save game directory? .. I've forgotten.

Step 2-2 - Type something, anything, into the main text box. A brief description of the game you're posting would be useful

Step 2-3 - Click "Submit Reply" and your post will be made.

Comment

Oh shoot .. I forgot to attach the file myself that time.

Here it is:
          Attached Files

Comment

IIRC the path is C:\program files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilisation III\saves

or \....\Civilisation III\PTW\saves for PTW games.
            Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Working...
            X