No announcement yet.

Best threads of the past year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lasik like in eye-surgery? You should be able to see the screen without glasses then (I had my eyes done almost two years ago, expensive but worth it. I have perfect vision now)
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

bongo,
      can you give me the link to the German website?
      many thanks
      The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Sure

Look in the 'civ3-allgemein forum'. They have several topped thread(wichtig), I guess 'civ3 Forum-Bibliothek' gets very close to what you work on now.

Edit:
        Judging by your flag you are swiss, guess you'll have less problems than me reading those forums. I have to keep a dictonary at hand all the time

Comment

Yep. Lasik as in eye surgery. Unfortunately, there are complications and my vision is... well... healing. Just need to give it time. Doc said that in a week or so.... just cross your fingers.
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Good luck

I must have been lucky, no complications, my eyes were fine the next day. Had a minor correction(right eye) one year after the first operation. Didn't really need it but as I hunt and shoot some I like to have the best possible vision on my aiming eye.

Comment

Originally posted by bongo
              Sure

Look in the 'civ3-allgemein forum'. They have several topped thread(wichtig), I guess 'civ3 Forum-Bibliothek' gets very close to what you work on now.

Edit:
              Judging by your flag you are swiss, guess you'll have less problems than me reading those forums. I have to keep a dictonary at hand all the time
              Thanks a lot, I will check it asap.
              Yes, I don't have problems reading 'Swiss'

Comment

bongo,

I had a look at the German website. Some quick comments:
                Their 'Library' is ordered alphabetically. That's clever because you have quick access to the relevant topics, once you know the 'magic' headword (example: palace and FP are under 'Palace').
                My 'Best threads of the past year', however, was done differently. I thought it would be more helpful to put all threads about a specific topic together. For instance, all threads about specific civs are together, and not the Americans under 'A' and the French under 'F'.
                Just a different approach.
                As for the 'Civ3 guidebook', I'm not sure I want it done alphabetically.

In the German website, there seem to be just very few strategy or civ-related threads. Most begin with 'what about...' or 'can you help with...'
                So, 'poly has a distinctive competitive advantage (but do the Germans know it?).

Somebody even quoted bamspeedy there, but took his quote from one of his civfanatics threads instead

Could somebody tell the Germans that 'poly also exists, please, and that they should quote from us?

Anyway, thanks for the tip, I'll visit it regularly, without posting however.

Comment

Odds of promotion are based on whether the civ has the Militaristic trait or not and whether the victory was against barbarians or not. Basically, chances of promotion are halved for victories over Barbarians and doubled for Militaristic civs.
                  that's a great work! So I like military-civ more and more, It's easy upgrade!

Comment

Wow. I know completion is a ways off, but I can provide some hosting bandwidth when the file is completed as a mirror. I've got 2 gigs right now, barely being used.

Unless of course, my host decides to pull my bandwidth
                    AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
                    Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
                    Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

I still think this is a great idea, but I also know that conquest will change a lot of aspects of this game, and I hate to do wasted effort.
                      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

*bumped* for the benefit of YS (and others)

Comment

Working...
                        X