Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: here's an idea

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

That's a good concept, why don't you try it with 32 civs though.................

What do you have to do to start an AU course anyway? Is there some sort of approval process?
    It's pretty consensus oriented.... although I'd like us to follow up on the AU Intro courses idea for the moment.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: here's an idea

Originally posted by Theseus

It's pretty consensus oriented.... although I'd like us to follow up on the AU Intro courses idea for the moment.
      What the heck does that mean?

If we had one with 24 civs and then we judged ones success by how many survived to specific dates in time, it would be interesting to see how each individual achieved the goal of keeping the civs alive.

Comment

My thougths...

Summarising the AU ideas and adding some of mines:

1. A scenario with a game-goal. The scenario doesn't beginns at 4000BC, but the cities, units, science achievement are set... Can be interesting... But actually a lot of scenarios can be downloaded here from the forum...

2. Earth map. I used to play Earth maps. This can be fun. Set up the civs, all of them on the right positions. Maybe with option to choose some of the civs. In this case you can really re-write the history - as the civ3 intro says...

3. AU games with special rules like:

a.) Beeing a "Peace-keeper". Nobody can be eliminated!

b.) Total war - we allready played this one.

my ideas:

c.) No-trade-rule. You are not allowed to by or sell anything.

d.) No-aggression-rule. You have to do everything to avoid war. You are NOT allowed to attack (first) or provocate a war. If you are provocated, you have to "re-think" your strategy: if someone demands a tech, gold sum, luxury or resource - you have to give it (with smile). You are not allowed to ask others to leave your borders - this is a provocation. ...etc... No archer rushes.... This can be interesting, especially when someone demand one of your CITY!

e.) 0% research mode!

f.) No wonders!

g.) No improvements!

h.) No military units!

i.) No workers! - OK this one is really mad.

...And of course any combination of these options. Important is, that everybody can learn a bit from the courses and improve his overall strategy.

Any other suggestions or comments welcome!

Comment

Re: My thougths...

Originally posted by cumi
          Summarising the AU ideas and adding some of mines:

e.) 0% research mode!
          f.) No wonders!
          g.) No improvements!
          h.) No military units!
          i.) No workers!
          And the title of this course: How to NOT play CIV 3!
          * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
          * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
          * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
          * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Re: Re: My thougths...

Originally posted by Mad Bomber

And the title of this course: How to NOT play CIV 3!
            Where do I sign up?

Comment

No military units?

That would be really difficult.

For players who want even more of a challenge, though, make them start next to the Germans, Zulu, and Persians

Comment

Beyond difficult. I can't keep the AI's units out of my backyard when I'm more powerful than it.

I would imagine there could be no barbs. And I would also imagine once the AI "figures out" you always cave to demands, you would have no gold and be giving techs and maps away like crazy for nothing in return. I don't see how this is winnable. Or survivable.
                "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Maybe if you are alone on a small, resource rich island...

Comment

Maybe if you are alone on a small, resource rich island...
                    .... and ring the entire shore with workers so enemy units can't land ...
                    "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Great Ideas! I would love to try some of them, if someone could take the time to put 'em together.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                        No military units?

That would be really difficult.

For players who want even more of a challenge, though, make them start next to the Germans, Zulu, and Persians
                        We started on the same landmass as the Iroquois, the Egyptians, and the French . . . but it was still pretty hard (and interesting).

Here is the game download thread: AU 102: All we're sayin' is give peace a chance . . .

Be careful! At that early stage of AU games the spoilers were included in the game download thread. So if you want to play as Hippy Sam and "give peace a chance" don't read through the entire thread and spoil the game for yourself.

Catt

Comment

A lot of these ideas aren't exactly what I was suggesting in the beginning though. I was thinking of more of a scenario, set in any of the ages, but NOT from the beggining of the game. A simple version of this would be the world set up, and you are at war with one (or a few) of the civs, and the object is simply to win the war. There could be twists, such as designing it so that you would HAVE to fight it with Paratroopers (their continent being just four or five tiles away, but they have an immense navy).

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                            I think the real world map will be easier to construct in C3C.

hi ,

, lets hope they include " el mencey " his world map

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I'm hoping there will more game play options that will be editiable in C3C.

Comment

Have we ever played an AU game where the goal was to end it at the earliest possible date?
                                Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Working...
                                X