No announcement yet.

Selling sole source of resource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I often do this - it saves pillaging the resource when you want to buld horseman for later upgrade to knights or cav.

Be aware, there is a slight danger the resource will run out. Rubber and horses don't run out AFAIK, but saltpetre and especially iron do.

This causes a trading reputation hit, because you broke a deal.

A small price to pay for most games - but it can cause a hiccup in a few games.
    Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

vmxa1, what are you warming to? Sole Resource Trading (SRT) is surely a builder's trick?

Don't say you're discovering the Light Side?

Comment

Not yet, but I no longer will dismiss it.
        Just that I could see an oppurtunity to trade that resource. The problem for me is that I will often not have anyone to trade it with. The AI is slow to build roads.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
          Not yet, but I no longer will dismiss it.
          Just that I could see an oppurtunity to trade that resource. The problem for me is that I will often not have anyone to trade it with. The AI is slow to build roads.
          One of my top priorities early in the game is to build roads to other civs asap. This usually means going into their territory to build roads to connect me to them. I'll stop short of connecting their resources to their cities -unless- it will somehow allow them to trade me something I need. Sometimes they complain, but usually they will let me do this.

Comment

this gives me an idea. i will sell (or give even) my saltpeter so i can build pikemen instead of musketmen

Comment

Working...
            X