hello, i am a new one .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello, i am a new one .

i am a chinese, i like playing civ very much, i think china is a very strong civ in civ3.

i like leader, and i am very skill in creating leader, i even use leader build all wonders in my capital.

now, i am playing PtW, i like the "double your pleasure.bix", i want to build all old and new wonders in my city.

can anybody communication with me ? my english is not very good, but i like communcate new gameidea with all. if you can speak chinese, things will be more easy.

best regard

Yes China is a great civ. Take a close look at the other forums for CIVIII. I think some where here we have a place for chat.
    In the strategy forum it is used to post questions and strategies. So if you have an idea you want to toss out or a question then this is the place.

Comment

Welcome to Apolyton, fanes7.

I hope you enjoy the forums. And don't worry too much about your English.

You will probably want to edit your message to remove your email address. Otherwise the professional spammers will grab the address.

People here can send you private messages through the Apolyton forum instead.

Comment

Welcome aboard, fanes7.

Don't worry about your English... it's your Civ-ish we care about!!
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

yep, welcome. as the others said, don't worry about your English, mine was bad too, but now I'm almost like Shakespeare.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

thank you all !

and Alex, you would become Shakespeare, if i am a englishman, ;-)

and thank Purple, i have removed my e-mail.

nobody surprise i can build all wonders in my capital? i think it's really a hard thing. the city which is built all wonders is very beautyful, just like saltlake city.

Comment

Originally posted by fanes7
              thank you all !

nobody surprise i can build all wonders in my capital? i think it's really a hard thing. the city which is built all wonders is very beautyful, just like saltlake city.
              Welcome on board fanes7.

Now, which is the only 'wonder' you cannot build in your Capitol, but your capital city has it?

The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Hi fanes7,

welcome to Apolyton.

I would also like to build all the wonders. But, mostly I can not. Building all the wonders in one city, nice. On witch difficulty level are you playing?

There are some wonders you can not build in your capital, like the Forbidden Palace .

A suggestion from me: try out the AU games. You have to download the scenario, play it and discuss about it with other players. It's fun! Everybody palying the same scenario... And the scenarios are created by "evil" senior civ3 apolyton players

cheers
                cumi

Comment

of course, i always play in hardest game, deity.

because i have created so many GLs, i use one build my palace in another city before i build the Forbidden Palace in my capital. And after i do this , i build my palace in my capital, so the palace and the Forbidden Palace all are in my capital. So the only thing i can't do is build the Iron Work in my capital, because i always have not enough luck.

The AU maybe a interesting scenario, i will download it, thanks for your suggestion. and where can i download it ?

Comment

Check the threads here with names like "AUxxx....". In these threads you can download the scenarios. (Or in the main thread)

You don't really benefit much from the Forbidden Palace if you build it in (or near to) your capital. The sense of the FP (Forbidden Palace) is to build somewhere "far" from your capital, to reduce the corruption there....

Can you tell us something about the strategy at deity level and how did you succeed to build all the wonders? I think a lot of peaple would read it with great interrest... I would suggest to start a new thread for that.

cumi

Comment

AU history thread has a link for all of the AU games and threads.

Comment

Originally posted by fanes7
                        of course, i always play in hardest game, deity.

because i have created so many GLs, i use one build my palace in another city before i build the Forbidden Palace in my capital. And after i do this , i build my palace in my capital, so the palace and the Forbidden Palace all are in my capital. So the only thing i can't do is build the Iron Work in my capital, because i always have not enough luck.
                        Many games I cannot build the Iron Works anywhere, because no city has both Coal and Iron.

I see Iron Works as a bonus in a game - not necessary for victory, but very useful when I do have it.

Also, some wonders need the sea (like Magellan's Voyage) and the Hoover Dam needs a river, so it is an achievement to get both in the same city.

I am trying to win my first deity game with 20K culture (20,000 culture points in one city) but I find that very hard on deity... I need more practice!
                        Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                        "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

By the time you get a city that can make Iron Works and get it built the game is in hand anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X