Ralphing and zenning ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralphing and zenning ?

Hi, I wonder if you could help me as a newcomer to this site. I've seen a couple of references to "ralphing" and "zenning", apparently referring to initial city placement &/or early build tactics, but I can't find anything in the strategy essays etc which describes them. Can anyone help me by providing a link to a suitable thread or article ?

Thanks.

"Ralphing" I am sure is in reference to Sir Ralph a poster on the strat forum. "Zenning" is probably refering to Master Zen another poster. Most likely they are refering direclty to Strategies for city placements such as ICS (Infinite City Strategy) or OCP (Optimal City Placement). For further info you should do a search on these to posters names with the topic of city placements or ICS, OCS, OCP.
    * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
    * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
    * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
    * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Zenning is covered in the Camp Placement Strategy Thread. (cough ... thread jacker ... cough) Master Zen starts describing it on the first page and discussion of Zenning versus Camping continues throughout the thread.

Haven't found anything on Ralphing, but I may pm Sir Ralph and ask him for a detailed description as I plan to do a comparative analysis of the various strategies Wednesday to get some hard data on how they stack up against one another.

Comment

They called my proposal to place temporary camps into the OCP pattern Ralphing. It's described in the topped Glossary thread, precisely here. There's also a link to the original thread.

Comment

Thanks very much, guys. Very impressed by how quickly you've come back with these - tks

Comment

SR, where is the link to the original thread? I was looking for it the other day, and couldn;t find it... wasn't it my "City Placement Redux (for the third time)" or something like that?
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Click the link I provided and then use the bold blue "Ralphing" headline. Or if you're lazy , just this link.

Comment

How did I miss this discussion? I have been set back by months in practical knowledge of City Placement. Thanx to Sir Ralph, Thesus and Master Zen for their efforts.

Comment

There's an 'e', damnit, an 'e'!!
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                    There's an 'e', damnit, and 'e'!!
                    I think he's confusing you with Jesus, is this a common occurance?

Comment

Jeseus complained about the same damn thing, and was evidently unsuccessful.

Comment

Jeseus complained about the same damn thing, and was evidently unsuccessful.
                        Oh man that's bad!

Comment

And don't call me Theezy Chreezy!!!

(Cake or Death is everywhere!! )

Comment

There's an 'e', damnit, and 'e'!!

Ah sheeeit forgot the E...... I have to remember to put the E in ThesE us!

Comment

Working...
                            X