Help Me Dawg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Dawg

I play Civ 3 often enough solve most my probs but there is one thing... every time a go to my science advisor he usally tells me i am scientificaly backwards. What is he talking about and how do I fix it? Thanks

He tells you, that you're scientifically backwards (duh!). Believe him, he speaks truth.

A short how-to-research (it's getting late here):

- Either raise the science slider (to increase research) or lower it (to maximize cash to buy techs)
    - Build roads (more commerce)
    - Build libraries and marketplaces, especially in core (less corrupt) cities with a river (again, more commerce)
    - Make contact to all AI civs ASAP, the more, the better. It lowers the tech price.
    - Trade technologies with the AI civs. Tech whore. Buy techs from one civ and sell it to others
    - Especially in the early game, research a tech the AI hasn't and doesn't research (look for Mysticism, Mathematics, Literature, Polytheism) at low cost (10% science or 0% and a scientist, 40 turns) and then sell it around for other techs.

Comment

He is only saying you are behind in research. What level is the game?
      How much are you spending on science?
      Do you know how many techs you are behind others?
      When you ask for trades do you see a number of techs listed? Of course you may not see all of the techs they have as you need to have any prereqs.

Comment

Working...
      X