Rome backstabers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rome backstabers?

Alright im not an awesome civ 3 player im only 12 yrs old. I just started playing regeant and need some advice. I am Egypt and it is the year 1250AD. I am the most powerful civ on my continent. The continent is shaped like a crescent i own the top half Rome owns the small middle and Persia owns the bottom fourth. Rome and i have a right of passage. Lately they have been sending tons and tons of legionaries up through my empire. Am i just parenoid or are they going to backstab me?

something new. Persia has declared war on me

Comment

Very likely. Is there any open spaces they could be heading towards? Do they have a city in your area?
      I am very reticentto sign RoP unless I need it.
      Now that Persia has declared, get Rome to join your side, so you do not have a tag team.
      I would say ypu are off and running, lots of players never get off warlord.

Comment

Good to see the next generation of Civ players.

I didn't start playing until I was 15 :/
        AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
        Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
        Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

I was like 13 when I lost my civirginity
          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
            I was like 13 when I lost my civirginity
            That's not a pretty image Zen.
            AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
            Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
            Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Originally posted by dexters

That's not a pretty image Zen.

Maybe not, but it was a 'turnig point' in his life.
              The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Sage

Maybe not, but it was a 'turnig point' in his life.
                And not just mine apparently...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Possibly, and possibly they are just sending troops to go bash on another civ. Check your military strength, are you weak compared to them? If so, you're almost certainly in for a nice suprise.

Comment

If they are at war with Persia then that's the reason for the troop movements. I've had civs duke it out in my territory while at peace with me.

It's pretty funny, watching my workers mine and irrigate while swordsmen and horseman are clashing a few squares away. As long as I'm relatively powerful, they won't mess with me.

But still, the AI has that nasty habit of not respecting your border when it needs to get somewhere else. Case in point: if they see some empty space they might send a settler team. Want an easy way to get them to declare war and not tarnish your reputation? Ask them to leave your territory! They'll usually declare war

Comment

I would assume they are marching towards an enemy other than you. But all of AI are backstabbers to one extent or another. The Germans are the civ I've had the least trouble with, they've never backstabbed me yet.

Comment

Hmm, they backstabbed me very often in early ages. So watch your back. And as vmxa1 already said, get them to your side fighting those pesky Persians...

Comment

I've found that if I can feed them targets to wage war against they make loyal little minions.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
                            If they are at war with Persia then that's the reason for the troop movements. I've had civs duke it out in my territory while at peace with me.

It's pretty funny, watching my workers mine and irrigate while swordsmen and horseman are clashing a few squares away. As long as I'm relatively powerful, they won't mess with me.

But still, the AI has that nasty habit of not respecting your border when it needs to get somewhere else. Case in point: if they see some empty space they might send a settler team. Want an easy way to get them to declare war and not tarnish your reputation? Ask them to leave your territory! They'll usually declare war
                            I've had that happen more than a few times too. But it's better to have them warring with each other on your territory than being at war with them both.

As to what the Romans are doing...handle them with care. The high aggression civs will have a tendency to backstab you for no reason (other than their own) sometimes. Be especially wary of signing ROPs with them unless it's necessary. If you leave even one city undefended than they will often ignore the ROP and take the city.

Comment

It would seem they are not marching towards and enemy as he discribed the lay out as him being on one end. Then Rome and to the other end Persia or whom ever it was. If that is so there should not be anyone in that direction, except him, not a good sign.
                              If they are not ferrying a settler, I would mass troops and ask them to leave. This allows you to get in the firzt whack.

Comment

Working...
                              X